Wednesday 27 May 2015

Entry 2: T-minus 1 week and counting

With next week being week 10 or 11 by our guess, we have officially booked our doctors appointment. Choosing the right OBGYN was a long process involving research, reviews and overall feedback from some friends and family (obviously as a "in the event we are pregnant who would you recommend").

We have settled on one and everything is set for the initial appointment. This is becoming much more real extremely quickly. Also, I'm again assaulted by so many thoughts, mostly when I'm alone or trying to sleep. DAMN YOU THOUGHTS ABOUT BABIES. Feels like my whole world is upside down, but in a good way

Erica has also asked me to be more involved in the research process, so she doesn't feel she is alone in this. I keep playing the distant card all in hopes that this surprise is worth it.

I've done several bits of research. Listening to podcasts, reading wiki articles and news journals. Even hitting Youtube pretty hard in the wee hours of the night. I try and avoid anything too traumatic and worrying, I want to put out as much positive energy focused on happy and healthy babies.

I guess I'll find out next week how things are going and whether we have anything to even worry about.

Until next time my super-secret journal...

No comments:

Post a Comment