Thursday 4 June 2015

Entry 3: Fears, Tears and Cheers

Well today was the big day. I won't lie it was probably one of the most nerve racking moments of my life. But in a good way. We met our OBGYN today and he seemed very nice, minus a moment of minor panic.

Fears: We enter his office and he sits us down for the first ultrasound. As he moves it around and we see nothing on the screen, he asks "Do you see anything?". Without a second thought I blurt out "Do you!?".

Tears: "Yes I do, see this flicker. It is the hearbeat". I that VERY vulnerable moment where I saw my babies first heart beat, mine skipped one. I shed a tear, but from the eye not facing Erica. I had to be a MANLY-MAN.

Cheers: This was the moment we were waiting for and it was an utter triumph. We have a healthy baby growing inside of Erica and our next appointment should show us more. I can't wait.

Until next time my super-secret journal...


No comments:

Post a Comment