Thursday 18 June 2015

Entry 5: 5 years soon... Wow

So this entry is a little light in terms of baby talk, but this is kind of the lull period. She's not quite big enough that we're noticing significant changes, but not quite small enough to say nothing is going on.

Never the less I am still VERY excited. It's hard for me to keep my emotions in check most days thinking ahead to the fact that I'm going to be a dad. I think I hide it well for the sake of this being the big reveal to Erica about this diary.

I think I'll be telling her Saturday, as originally planned. Saturday marks our 5 year anniversary. She has something planned and I think she thinks I forgot because I've just been playing off of the fact that I'm very excited for tomorrow with no mention of the anniversary at all.

Looking back at the past 5 years, I cannot believe how far we've come. We have so many stories, adventures and memories. Some good, some bad, most unforgettable. And with this pregnancy I look ahead with a hope that we'll have so many more.

I cannot wait for Saturday to see her face when she finally realizes that I've been doing this all along. That I really DO care. That I don't just pick my teeth with pieces of the journal I've peeled off (DON'T JUDGE ME) and more importantly, when she realizes I really do care and I have been making an effort.

Until next time my soon-revealed super-secret journal...

No comments:

Post a Comment